Liberty

How do I treat a cat with Chronic Renal Failure for fleas?

My cat has stage 2 CRF and has fleas. She is allegic to them so this is a big thing (think hair loss). I bombed the house for fleas and it helped a little. However, she still has a few fleas. She had terrible reaction to advantage years ago.... HELP!!!

Asked by Liberty on Dec 29th 2009 Tagged chronicrenalfailure in Flea & Tick Protection

Answers

♥Sam

Oh o, that's a good question. I would ask the vets and also ring or e-mail the companys that have the flea treatments available. ie. frontline and Bayer with Advantage. They might have some ideas.

♥Sam answered on 12/29/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ironically, I treated my cat with Advantage because she had seizures from Front Line. My cat also suffered from chronic renal failure for 14 months until she passed. You really should try getting the flea problem under control, as your cat is miserable enough with CRF. You need to keep your cat comfortable and the fleas under control. CRF cats will develop anemia and fleas will only add to the problem. Try bathing the cat with Dawn dish liquid. It is safe, and you will see dead fleas in the water. Treat the environment (cat's bedding and carpeting) to try to get rid of fleas wherever she may lay. Do try to keep her indoors (if she goes out). Hope kitty feels better soon!