how do i stop my kitten peeing on the carpet its not just in one place he does it in different corners but never did it

Asked by Member 1136288 on Oct 17th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

There are usually 2 main reasons why a cat will stop using the box. One is stress and the other is a health issue. Make sure his box is in an accessible, private and quiet place and that he's not bothered by humans or other pets while he's pottying. Make sure the box is kept VERY clean. If my Delilah doesn't approve of my cleaning efforts, she'll use the bathtub or a throw-rug. Clean up his pee spots with Nature's Miracle or an oxy-based laundry additive. Make sure to bring him to the vet in case he has a bladder infection which, because it hurts to pee, he thinks is being caused by the box. Is he neutered? Unneutered/unspayed cats will "spray-mark". You can also try putting out more boxes for him.