Kiki

How do I remove ticks from my 8 week old rescue kitten, Kiki? I don't want to use tweezers because he won't keep still?

He has 3 ticks I've noticed so far. One is big and right above his right eye, the other one is also big and in the left side of his neck, and the other is small and attached to the bottom outside of his left ear. How do I get them off without scaring or hurting him?

Asked by Kiki on Jun 16th 2013 Tagged ticks in Health & Wellness

Answers

Advantage kills fleas and ticks and can be used on 9 week olds, so buy some and treat him asap. The ticks (and fleas, if any) should die and fall off. If the ticks are too far in by now, purchase a tick-remover tool and dig them out. Ask your vet what to use for a topical anesthetic first in case there is blood when you do this. ^_^