How do I get my cat to start using the litter box?

My cat is almost 1, and he has no problem going number 2 in his litter box, but he refuses to pee in it. He only ever pees on my bed and the couch, when he can get to it. I'm starting to worry it has become a habit, but even though I got new bedclothes and a mattress, he still likes it. I have tried a series of litters ranging from "the worlds best cat litter" "purina" and "blue wilderness" but nothing seems to be working. I have placed litter boxes in various places around the house and he prefers the one in the bathroom (which is fine) so now all I need is for him to use it to pee. Any help would be great because the rest of my family is definitely not pleased with his frequent smelly surprises.

Asked by Member 1186689 on Aug 22nd 2013 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Dr. Elsey's makes kitten attract litter and litter additive, and he advertises 100% litter box use or your $$ back. It's a little pricey but for your situation, definitely worth a try... ^_^