How do I get my adult cat to stop sleeping on my bed? She's slept in it for 2+ years & needs to stop (see details).

I adopted my cat about 2 years ago. As I live alone and have no cat allergies, I've let her sleep next to me at night. This has proven to be difficult for my recent partner. My issue here is that whenever he stays over, she walks on him, hits him in the face with her tail, or just plain meows at him when she feels like it.
This has proven to be an issue with people in the past, and I normally just make them deal with it. But now it's getting to the point where my boyfriend will sleep on the couch instead of with me. He can't get a decent night's sleep with my cat in the bed. I feel extremely guilty for kicking her out as I basically trained her to sleep this way, and she loves being around me. Working 8-10 hour days, I don't get to spend as much time with her as I'd like. I'm very nervous to kick her out of my room entirely at night, as she has a habit of peeing on things out of spite, and I'm afraid she'll ruin our furniture, or worse, the carpet in the living room.
Any help is great!

Asked by Member 1196532 on Oct 28th 2013 Tagged sleeping, night, boyfriend, allergic in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

You are sending your cat mixed messages. She's not doing anything wrong to him... peeing or hissing. She's just talking and getting to know him. MAKE THE MAN DEAL. You can also have him buy you a bigger bed, because these problems wouldn't be happening in a king size. You spend little time with this cat already, so introduce the man to melatonin. Does he like cats at all? Your cat may know something you don't about this guy... my female cat was never wrong about which boyfriends of mine she liked & didn't. Listen to what your cat is saying and don't let him emotionally manipulate you into getting rid of the cat or losing HER territory. Doesn't he have a home where you can also sleep?? ^_^