Fuzzy

How do I find neuter clinics in my area?

My fiance and I recently adopted an abandoned cat. She didn't come from a shelter, she actually "came" with our apartment. Her previous owners didn't get her spayed, so how do I find neuter clinics in my area? I told my fiance to call the county shelter and ask them, but are there any other places I can call? She needs all her shots and spayed. We think she's in heat right now, and it seems as though she's driving my fiance insane with her meowing. She is an indoor cat, and in order to get out she has to go through two sets of doors. The only other person in our building is his sister, and she watched the cat for a while and so knows she can't go out. If it helps, we live along the Indiana-Illinois state line.

Asked by Fuzzy on Feb 1st 2011 Tagged spay, shots in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Orange Ruffy

Google spay neuter clinics in the area that you live in and see what comes up. If you are in the NY area, I could tell you, but can let you know that alot of times if you just google you'll come up with names.

Orange Ruffy answered on 2/1/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Check out this link: www.lovethatcat.com

Do you have a vet for this cat yet? If not, you should get one soon & you can ask them.

You can ask your local shelter or shelters, some of them have spay/neuter certificates. You should find out if you have a low cost spay/neuter clinic in your area too.

Good luck!!

Roo

Visit www.friendsofanimals.org and type your ZIP code into the "Spay/Neuter Certificates" field on the right. You will get a list of vets in your area who can spay your cat - for a significant discount, no less, if you bring them a Friends of Animals certificate you can get from the website.

Roo answered on 2/1/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You can google "low-cost vet clinics" as well as "low cost spay/neuter clinics" in your specific city or a larger city nearby. There is one near us who spays/neuters for under $75.00. They also do low-cost vaccinations and exams. Many shelters/rescues also have an allotment of discount coupons they can send you. Also, vets in your area may know of a mobile unit (van) staffed with vets and techs who make stops around your state for the specific purpose of spay/neuter. In my city, it's called "PetFix". Good luck and thank you for taking this poor baby under your care!