how can my cat be fluffy f the litter , mother , father or family of cats have never been fluffy ?

I have a cat at home named Dobby . He is very very fluffy but his mother is nothing of the sort . His sister and brother are beautiful cats but they are also not fluffy ? We have seen the father many times and are aware that he is not fluffy too . ? My nanny has a cat that had our cat puss then she had the litter of three kittens which are now 7-9 months . I cant understand why he is so fluffy . None of the other cats in the family have been fluffy ? is there a simple reason for this ? does this happen a lot ?

Asked by Member 1149890 on Jan 14th 2013 Tagged fluffy, noothercatstisway, how in Grooming

Answers

Five years ago, when I trapped and rescued Izzie in our back yard, I also trapped his mom. Izzie is a Maine Coon mix with what you'd probably say is medium length fur. He is a big cat with grey, tan, white and black with spots and stripes and a big poufy tail. His mom was a small-ish cat with very short gray fur. I later also trapped one of his siblings who was long-furred, gray and white. I've heard that litters of cats can have more than one father. A female will not release an egg for fertilization until she actually mates. Unless she keeps mating with the same male, which doesn't happen often unless they're indoor cats with no exposure to other males, a litter could conceivably have 3 or more sires.