how can I tell how big my cat will get once he is an adult? he is 5 months now, and half maine coon half toyger.

someone told me you can tell how big your cat will be full grown by looking at the length of their tail?

Asked by Member 579020 on Feb 25th 2008 Tagged growth in Kittens

Answers

My vet said that Izzie will be a big cat because he has big feet, but I think that he will always just have big feet. Izzie is a Maine Coon mix and he is 9 months old and weighs about 10 pounds. You can usually tell by how big they look--if they are "large boned", etc. izzie's leg bones are pretty big so I don't think he's done growing yet. They say Maine Coons keep growing until they are 5 years old! Ernie is "just" a Domestic Shorthair and is almost 18 months old and he is about 10 pounds. He has a really long tail but I think he is pretty much full grown. It doesn't matter how much you feed them or anything. If you feed a cat a lot because you want him to grow big, that doesn't work and you will just have a fat cat. If you buy a purebred kitty, you can always look at the parents, but when you get a rescue or adopt from a shelter, you kind of have to take what you get!