How can I stop my cat pooing in the house?

My cat is 6 yrs old. She's been a house cat for most of her life until March this year (2013) I've weaned off her litter tray by about May. She was taking to the outside world beautifully and had no accidents at all until a few months later she started pooing in my kitchen. I'd take the poo outside with her, hide it and show her where it is. This works for a while then she'll poo again. It's very random, no rhyme or reason to it. Anyone got any ideas? It's driving us crazy!

Asked by Member 1195958 on Oct 25th 2013 Tagged pooinginhouse in Behavior & Training

Answers

Most outside cats still have a box inside the house if they sleep there. Cats are not dogs and will not hold it for 10 hours. If you put back a small box the accidents will disappear, unless you prefer poop-cleaning. ^_^