Pretty

How can I get rid of my kittens horrible gas?

My two kittens have the most awful gas I have ever smelled. I have tried 3 different foods. Is there anything I can do?

Asked by Pretty on Oct 25th 2007 in Food & Nutrition

Best Answer

Boris

How is their health? I ask because mommy says that while I have stinky poo in general, mine gets stinkier when I'm sick. In fact the only time I ever had gas was when I had just come home as a kitten, and mommy says I had a bad URI... Well, the antibiotics I had to go on made the gas even stinkier. I cleared rooms! *blushes*

Also, mom says that in general I tend to smell less period on days when I don't get wet food (per the vet, I am not to have it every day). Moreover, some flavors of wet food make my business much smellier than others. Anything salmon or tuna flavored will make me stinkier, for example.

So if the kitties are not on dry food yet, maybe their gas will get better or be gone entirely when you can switch them on that. Meanwhile, my only reccomendation is to both make sure you're feeding grain free wet food (the less corn and by-products in there, the less stinkiness in their gas), and stay away from flavors that have tuna or salmon in them.

Boris answered on Oct 26th.

Answers

Nicholas D. Wolfwood

YOu can try supplements to help them digest teh food better, I've been using Anitra's and it's helped my guys a bit - unfortunately they just may be stinky kitties

Nicholas D. Wolfwood answered on 10/26/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer