How can I get my cat to stop wanting in and out of my room at night?

I will let her in and out several times a night and she will claw at the carpet and howl if I do not let her in or out. I cannot leave my door open. My other cat sleeps by my side the entire night with no problem. What should I do? I am not getting any sleep with her!

Asked by Member 1002271 on Aug 28th 2010 in Noisiness

Answers

You don't say why you can't keep your door open, but could you prop it open just enough for her to come and go as she pleases? Also, do you know what she does when she leaves? If she leaves to use the box, eat or drink, then you may have to put those things in your room. It would also be a fairly easy thing to put a cat door in your bedroom door. Even if you rent, when you leave, replacing the door wouldn't be that expensive or labor intensive. And at least you'd get some sleep!