how can i get my cat to stop throwing up

about every other day

Asked by Member 781529 on Jun 23rd 2010 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

If your cat is throwing up every other day, he may be horking up hairballs. You need to look at the vomit (I know, it's gross) to see if there's hair in it. This is not a bad thing as impacted hair in their intestine can cause death or cost $$$$ to fix. However, if your cat is lethargic, not eating, not playing, seems restless or otherwise ill, there's no other option than taking him to the vet. If you have houseplants or let him outside, he could be eating things he shouldn't which could lead to poisoning. We aren't vets here and we can't diagnose or suggest treatment for a cat we don't know and have never seen.

Leia

It could also be what you are feeding your cat. If it has fish or beef, he could be allergic.. Or if it is a very grainy low quality food, that could cause it too I believe. If it isn't furballs that he is throwing up, I would recommend trying a new food, a better quality one (chicken soup for the cat lovers soul and cheap and really good quality if you need an idea). If you decide to try a new food remember to introduce it slowly by mixing it in with the old food a little bit at first, and increasing the amount of the new food every day by a little bit and decreasing the old.

Leia answered on 6/24/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer