How can I ease my cat's discomfort when she is in heat? (I'm working on finding a good vet to get her fixed)

When she is in heat, she seems like she is having light stomache cramps and discomfort. The only thing I can think to distract her from that is catnip, which works for a little while. Are there any other solutions? I'm working to get her fixed, but until then....

Asked by Member 1064067 on Oct 17th 2011 Tagged stomachecramps, discomfort, inheat in Alternative Treatments

Answers

Honestly, not to sound mean, but work harder. There is no medication or "treatment" for cat "PMS". The only "cure", unfortunately, is for her to become pregnant, which, until you have her spayed, is a definite possibility which means you could have 10 kittens to find homes for. Just this past weekend, in our local newspaper, I came across four spay/neuter clinics, both mobile and sponsored at vet clinics. A spay could be done for $40. The Holidays are approaching, and perhaps you could ask someone who usually gives you a gift to gift your cat instead and pay for her spay.

Actually there is a way.Find a male cat that has "done it before" and is spayed.He will still know what to do but he won't get her pregnant.Then your female kitty will believe that she is pregnant so she won't be in heat again until next month.It actually works VERY well our momma kitty who has had kittens before didn't go into heat for one month.I hope this was helpful.