Hi. I have a female who gave birth 3 times, February 2012, around May, and again September. I noticed that one of the fi

Asked by Member 1144203 on Dec 7th 2012 Tagged adultcatnursingsiblingsnotgivenbirth in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

The maternal instinct in cats is very strong. More often than not, if a rescue finds an abandoned kitten and they have a nursing mother, the mother will accept the orphan. However, it concerns me that your female seems to be a "kitten factory". Are you giving these kittens away? Are you aware what can happen to them? And, are you aware that with each kitten you find a home for, there is one in a shelter who goes unadopted and perhaps must be euthanized? PLEASE, I respectfully suggest that you consider having your female spayed. Our country is horrifically overwhelmed with homeless cats and kittens and thousands are euthanized each DAY because there just isn't room for them. Thanks.