Hey everyone, I'm in a big pickle. I have two outdoor cat's and recently another one has been coming along for food and

Asked by Member 1138741 on Nov 2nd 2012 Tagged cats, scratching, love in Scratching

Answers

I certainly hope you have had these cats fixed. Don't feed and breed! Before you know it, you will have a very large colony of cats. Take it from me - a feral cat rescuer - I have six (6) feral cats left. They are all fixed and vaccinated. The colony was up to 11 cats at one time, but over the past six years, I have lost five due to sickness, potential poisoning, mysterious disappearances, and one being struck by a motor vehicle and killed instantly. You need to "manage" the number of cats in the colony you are feeding. As I said, DON'T FEED AND BREED! Get the cats fixed ASAP. Good luck.

Your question was cut off, but I think the other poster and I have the general idea. When I was doing cat rescue work, we went to a lady's house who started feeding "just 1" outside cat. By the time we got there, at her request, to remove the cats, who were all feral, she had 86 cats on her property. She was disliked in her neighborhood because of her penchant for feediing these cats. There were kittens everywhere. Even for one cat who's just shown up, you should enlist the help of your local rescue organization. Many cities have a "TNR", "trap, neuter and return" program and they will monitor your home and take any cats who wander in then return them to your property. It's not an ideal situation, but it does preclude winding up with hundreds of unwanted cats and the trauma that comes with them.