Help! What is my cat doing?

Bailey is a 1 year male who was neutered around 6 months old. He has a stuffed bear he loves to play with. for the past few months, late at night or early in the morning he will walk around carrying his bear in his mouth but make weird purring sounds and meows. He will drop his bear then meow at it and walk over it almost as if he is trying to mount it. I have no clue what he's doing, he does it every night. there's a video on my facebook showing his behaviour as I cannot properly describe it, I've never seen it before in other cats. can someone please tell me what on earth my little guy is doing? (hope the video link works, may need to copy and paste in browser) Thanks for any help.

www.facebook.com

Asked by Member 1196878 on Oct 30th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

He is playing... this is common behavior. Cats can carry toys around in their mouths like fake prey and then pounce at will. It makes him happy, ripping an imaginary mouse to bits. If the toy gets gross, just wash and dry it with your laundry. My kitten had a little skunk toy that she would fish out of the laundry basket until I finally had a chance to wash it, she liked it so much! She also chirps... I think because she was a feral trapped kitten and learned to communicate this way from her mother. ^_^