Help for a cat who poops in her sleep

My 15 month old female cat started leaving little presents all over the place. It is where ever she has been asleep (including my knee this evening!). We've already been to the vet - she doesn't have any signs of infection, is already on antibiotics and anti inflamatories for other reasons and is otherwise well. The vet diagnosed compacted (but not infected) anal sacs and emptied them last night. She is still pooping in her sleep tho. Her bottom looks very sore but she now won't let me anywhere near her back end. Is there anything I can do to help her? I don't know when she last properly emptied her bowels as my cats tend to go outside, although I did recently put a litter box back in my bathroom so I could shut the catflap on bonfire night. She gets in and out but hasn't used it so far. Any suggestions much appreciated

Asked by Member 1198367 on Nov 8th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Put doggie poop pads where she is having accidents. Since she is older she probably can't hold it anymore, so this will make it easier for you to clean up. When Pookie went blind she trained herself to use doggie pads and my other cats still all went in the box. Good luck! ^_^