Belle

Have Any Of You Had Problems With Your Cats Vomiting Kit N Kaboodle Cat Food?

So I noticed that Belle has been throwing up her Kit N Kaboodle food. The first few times she did it I thought it was just an upset stomach but then I found out that my neighbors cats were throwing up their Kit N Kaboodle food also. Up until this morning she hadn't had any problems on the food for a few weeks but then earlier I saw that she vomited on my coat that she'd been laying on. There was no blood or anything in the vomit except for the food. I purchased a bag of Purina Cat Chow Complete Indoor last week that I opened today and put some in her bowl and she ate it and so far no vomiting. I read somewhere that Kit N Kaboodle's dye was making cats sick.

Asked by Belle on Apr 20th 2013 Tagged kitnkaboodle in Food & Nutrition

Answers

I have no personal experience with KK cat food, but I know that Beneful Dog Food gives my dogs diarrhea. And you can read pros and cons about every food out there. It's how it works for YOUR particular animal. I always caution people not to suddenly change what they feed their cats, but in your case if you give her more KK, it will make the problem worse. I would caution that if she continues to vomit on the Purina as well, at least a call to your vet is in order.

Hi there, have you tried a more natural brand? Yes, they are more expensive than the cheaper foods, but you shouldn't be throwing up like that. There are no by-products, artificial colors or flavors in MaxCat Indoor Salmon or Chicken- that's what I eat. I am overweight so my mom is saying that she's going to put me on Natural Choice weight loss dry cat food, but it hasn't happened yet. Ciao & Meow, Bezalel