♥ Kelly ♥

Has anyone tried a grooming bag to trim your cats nails and how did they react to it?

So I'm having some issues trying to trim Kelly's nails. I do not force her at all, and really dont even try to hold her. I just pick times when she is lying around relaxed, but once she sees the clippers, she's out of there! So I looked online and found a grooming bag that assists in nail trimming. I dont want to declaw her, but I cannot just have her clawing all of my furniture and new sheets to be exact! Any advice?

Asked by ♥ Kelly ♥ on Apr 28th 2009 in Products & Tools

Answers

Xena

For most cats the grooming bags work really well. Xena is a nightmare for doing her claws and fights and wriggles and she's a big strong cat so I was having to pay the vet to do it. With the bag I can get her into it pretty easily and then just open the zips and pull out 1 paw at a time to clip. Being restrained in the bag seems to make her much calmer and she doesn't fight or wriggle much while I clip her claws. It's definitely worth trying.

My vets have them and will allow you to rent the bag for a couple of dollars a week so you can try it out before you buy. Check with your vet in case they do this too then you can try it out and make sure you get the right size.

Xena answered on 4/28/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I agree with Xena. I have bag and it works great! We don't have to use it very often anymore as I've gradually gotten more cooperative. Soft Paws nail caps also work great and you can do that while she's in the bag too.