Has anyone had their kitten spayed by laser and if so how did it go?

Asked by Member 1104934 on Apr 9th 2012 in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Most of the surgery at my vet is laser surgery now. My last 3 to be spayed had laser surgery and the previous 6 were spayed at my old vet with out laser and there was no real difference that I could see. The difference is on the inside with precision and clean cuts and I trust my vet that lasers are the best way now that they have the technology. The incision is still stitched up by the doctor. The level of pain and recovery time varies by the cat's own health. In fact, 2 different doctors at the same clinic using laser surgery used a different suture technique and Destiny had to have her stitches out while the other 2 had dissolvable stitches. I honestly didn't notice much difference in recovery time and healing afterward though.

Nika

The laser surgery is considered less painful for the pet during recovery. Instead of cutting the skin with a scalpel, the laser cuts and cauterizes it at the same time. This means less bleeding and open wound. Generally laser surgeries heal up quicker than scalpel. I personally think paying the extra money for it is worth it! Especially when she is a female and requires more invasive surgery than a male does with neuter.

Nika answered on 4/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer