Hair stuck in cat's anus..

Hi, here is thing, there is a piece of human hair stuck in my cat's anus, for a few hours now. I immediately called the vet when it came out with his stool. He told me there is nothing serious to worry about and that it should pass by tomorrow. My kitty seemed a bit too calm for me, so I called the vet again, he said the same thing and that I should give him laxatives, which I've just done as he suggested. He added if it doesn't pass in about a day contact him again. (but of course I would) I might be over paranoid, but I'm still a bit worried. Any experiences with this? Thanks for reading!

Asked by Member 1073610 on Oct 5th 2013 Tagged cathairstuck in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

My cats' poop comes out with human hairs tying the pieces together occasionally. They will either poop it out or throw up a hairball. I have a kitten that eats my hair and occasionally the older ones will groom my head. Greenies Smart Bites make hairball control treats if you want to give them a treat that aids in this area. Your vet is right- listen to him; cats have a lot of hair and it will come out one way or the other. Natural Choice also has a regular hairball control food if this becomes a normal occurrence for your cat. ^_^

All cats get hair in them from licking themselves. I use Pro Pet Hairball Gel that I get from Walmart. It's inexpensive & it works for me. Get some of that & give it to your cat.

Nicholas

Human hair is different than fur. I understand your concern. But is has to come out on its own---do not pull it out! I remember dealing with this with a piece of Christmas tinsel until I knew it could cut my cats intestines! It will come out on its own but keep an eye on it and go to the vet if you are concerned.

Nicholas answered on 10/9/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer