hair loss

The other day I noticed that my 6 year old Kit has lost all the hair on the lower half of her tummy and the inside of her back legs! The skin is not red or hot, there are no bite marks (we just had fleas but I Frontline'd them a couple of weeks ago) and she doesn't seem too worried about it. She hasn't been biting, excessively licking or pulling the hair out like her sister Gracie does from food allergies. She still has the undercoat of soft down there but no hair! Is this something I should be worried about or can it 'just happen'?

Asked by Member 1129465 on Sep 27th 2013 Tagged shed, shedding, lossofhair in Shedding

Answers

It may be from overgrooming. My friend's cat does that and his stomach and tail are pretty much bald. He's hyperactive and the fur came back after the vet put him on kitty prozac. Take your cat to the vet to see what it is, but it does not sound like irritation or a rash. If the vet asks you to upgrade foods, Natural Choice guarantees improved skin and coat or your $$ back and there are several flavors and life stages to choose from. ^_^ Good luck!

Hi, May be she is infected with Feline Immunodeficiency virus. Because hair fall is one of the symptoms of that infection. it may weaken your cat's immune system. Or, it may be a normal infection. I will suggest you to meet a veterinarian as soon as possible.