gave my cat supermarket brand flea treatment didn't work?

I gave my cat the super market flea treatment ( apparently only for use to keep fleas off nother to kill them? very silly) anyhow I ended up giving my cat a flea bath because the treatment didn't work at all! Mstar fleas are gone but because it summer baby fleas seem to be appearing. its been 2 weeks since I gave the flea spot kill treatment that didn't work ( keep in mind this isn't like frontline it's only to kill bby eggs nf keep them off once threw fleas are gone.) can I give my cat frontline plus now? or should I wait a bit?

Asked by Member 1142242 on Nov 25th 2012 Tagged fleatreatment in Health & Wellness

Answers

Any flea treatment should be given monthly. Since you also used flea soap on her, you're causing her to absorb too many things through her skin. I've always had good luck with Frontline Plus that I get at my vet's. Since some supermarket flea treatments have proven toxic in the past, I've never used them. In addition to the cat, you will need to treat your living space as well. The whole place must be vacuumed with flea powder in the bag and the bad sealed up in a trash bag and thrown out. Everyone's including the cat's bedding needs to be washed in hot water. Your vet can also advise you about a flea-killing spray or "bomb" that you set in your home, take your pets and leave for an hour or so. Your cat should also have a stool sample checked b/c fleas cause worms.