Fuzzy

Feliway collars/diffusers...

I have a question for anyone who's used it: do the Feliway diffusers and/or collars work? My cat has separation anxiety, and acts as though he might be bi-polar after being abused by his previous owner. He frequently takes his fear and anger out on me (i'm guessing it's because his previous owner was a woman). It's gotten better than it was, but I want something to help him. I love him, and refuse to get rid of him because of his emotional problems, but I want him to not be so stressed, so that he's happier. It would also make it SO MUCH easier for me. I did have a vet recommend it, but it was one of the ones that the local Pet Smart employs, so I'm not sure about his reliability. I really appreciate it. I did buy a collar to try the other day, but I want to check if it works before shelling out the money for a diffuser. Again, much appreciated.

Asked by Fuzzy on Apr 4th 2012 Tagged feliway, separationanxiety in Aggression

Answers

Carly

Carly is a rescue and my vet also recommended the Feliway diffusers. My vet is a cat specialist. The important thing to know is that it can take more than a month to have the full effect so plan on buying refills. I recommend Amazon.com because they are cheaper. I also used a calming collar www.amazon.com It is hard to say if it helped or if Carly was just coming along on her own anyway but I really think it did. I'm not sure how long you've had Fuzzy but I have been working with Carly since August and she is much better but still has issues. Her problem is not me. She loves people. She just hates cats, which is kind of a problem because I have 9 others. But she has reached the point where several of them can pass her without her having a hissy fit. Some things just take time and patience.

Carly answered on 4/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Nika

If you don't want to buy the diffuser yet, you can try other calming sprays first. I have used PETfection Calming Spray for dogs before, so you could try their cat version. It is 100% Organic so you can spray it directly onto him or onto his bed, toys, etc. Breathing in the scent will hopefully make him feel more relaxed. Best of luck!

Nika answered on 4/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer