Excess Urination

Baby Yuki is about 8 years old. He eats constantly, which is nothing new, but he has started urinating profusely. I have two cats and I clean the cat box daily. Each day I remove a grocery bag almost full of wet cat litter. I am going through about 90 lbs of cat litter a month. This is a increase from the normal 35 lbs per month. There is no loose stool. He has lost some weight but is still very active and has no other symptoms. Can anyone tell me what this might be caused by. I am retired on a fixed income and, as a result, have not taken him to a vet.

Asked by Member 882036 on Mar 25th 2014 Tagged babyyukipee in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Get your cat the help that he needs AT A VET NOW. It could be diabetes or thyroid, but the only way to know for sure is if you have him tested. You may need pills or insulin for him to keep him from dying. Otherwise, a lack of medical care will contribute to his early passing, and you will blame yourself that you did not do anything sooner. ^_^

Please get Baby Yuki to a vet as soon as possible. This sounds like diabetes for sure! My dad's cat did the same thing and my diagnosis was right on! Call around to see if any veterinarians will work with you with regard to a payment plan, etc. Best of luck. Hope all goes well.

Tuulikki

Actually, the most common cause of excessive urination is chronic kidney or renal failure - CRF (more accurately called renal insufficiency). Even though your cat's only eight, many cats, younger than yours, have developed it.

There may be other reasons but the only way to know what the cause is a vet examination and blood tests. I sympathize with your financial situation as I'm in similar. But it's impossible to diagnose the problem without tests - sorry.

Tuulikki answered on 4/1/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer