Midnight Helen -- In Memory

Emergency funds for vet visits?

Does anyone know if there is a fund or a forum on Catster to help people pay for vet visits? I absolutely HATE doing this....Midnight is 18 and I'm pretty sure she has a urinary tract infection of some sort. For a long time she has been peeing outside of her box, and then in the past couple of days I have found puddles of pee on the bathroom floor. Worst thing is, we're staying at someone else's house for a while and I'm scared to death she's going to start peeing on the carpet. My vet charges $41 for a visit, $65 for a urinalysis, and since she is not up to date on her rabies vaccination, $25 for that before they will even see her. So in order to see if this is what's wrong with her I would have to have about $130 and I just simply do not have it. This is the first time in her life that I cannot take her to a vet due to money issues. Does anyone know who might be able to help? Thanks!

Asked by Midnight Helen -- In Memory on Aug 31st 2013 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Nicholas

Awwww!! Have you told your vet you are financially straped? A lot of vets will set payment plans or subsidize. If yours doesn't, call around. Do you have a Facebook page? You could tell your story and set up a PayPal account. I have seen so many people do this. But please, find a way to get her the medical attention she needs even if you have to borrow from friends or family. Don't let her suffer. I wish I could help you more! Where are you? What city?

Nicholas answered on 8/31/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Arthur (Miss You! '93-'09)

There is a long-running thread on the forums that lists resources for help with vet bills: www.catster.com

Good luck! Keep us posted

Arthur (Miss You! '93-'09) answered on 8/31/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Momo

Ask your vet about a program called CareCredit. I had a very expensive bill to save...here it comes...my chicken's life and couldn't afford it. My vet mentioned CareCredit. It basically is a company that extends credit to owners needing pricey care with more than reasonable payback plans. Idk if your vet has that option, but it has been, literally, a lifesaver and Mocha is happy and healthy.

Momo answered on 8/31/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ask your vet if they take Care Credit. Also there are many sites online where you can set up an online fundraiser. See if your vet will allow outside payments. I've seen online where someone will put out a plea for people to sent money directly to their vet's office & to make sure to write for the payment is for, in your case, Midnight_________whatever your last name is.