Ear mites

My cat started scatching his ear yesterday and tilting his ear a little low. Think its ear mites because he has dark brown waxy stuff in it. I'm on vacation for another 4 days and having my sister feed and check in daily. She's the one noticed it.I want to take a look myself before I take him to a vet. She cant get close enough for very long to clean it or even try to treat. But says theres no bleeding, swelling or hair loss yet. just started with scratching ear. Is it okay to wait 4 days until i get home?

Asked by Member 1195334 on Oct 21st 2013 Tagged earmites in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

It's not necessarily mites until a vet confirms it. Panda has had waxy, gross ears his whole life. I clean them about once a month with ear wash with tea tree oil, but a week later they're waxy again. They all hate having their ears and teeth cleaned, but you should do it anyway. You can get OTC ear cleaning pads and use them until you get home and can take him in to see the Dr. to see if it's actually mites or not. ^_^