Inkling

does the second rabies shot cause cancer?

Asked by Inkling on Jan 11th 2014 in Vaccinations

Answers

I have never heard this, but I would consult your veterinarian. Does Inkling have rabies??

I am not a veterinarian, but I will tell you speaking from my own experience, that my cat developed a vaccine associated cancer from getting too many vaccines in the same area. I researched this and found out that this will only occur in 17 out of every 10,000 cats. Unfortunately, my cat was one of the very few to develop cancer from previous vaccines. The cancer was called "spindle cell sarcoma". I had to have the lump aspirated every month for five months. Ironically, it was chronic renal failure which took my cat's life, not the cancer. I would consult with your veterinarian if you have concerns as to whether or not the rabies vaccine (or any vaccine) cause cancer.