Delilah

Does the Furminator really work?

I've read a lot on Catster about the Furminator brush. Delilah is long-haired but her fur is pretty thin. Other brushes, like a "slicker brush" scratch her skin and make her very not happy about being brushed. She needs to be brushed every day because she matts really bad. Can I get this at PetsMart or Petco or do I have to order it? Thanks!

Asked by Delilah on Dec 26th 2007 in Products & Tools

Best Answer

Moxie

I have a long-haired cat and after reading all the great reviews on Catster, Amazon, etc., I bought a Furminator to help her with hairballs, shedding, etc. I've used it twice on both of my cats (one long-haired, one short-haired) and it definitely works as advertised! It removes an impressive amount of fur that no regular brush or comb ever could. However, the comb is a bit sharp in my opinion. It seems like you could easily scratch/irritate a cat's skin unless you are very careful. I think the Furminator really works but it is not for everyone or every cat. Both of my cats LOVE being brushed but they have not taken to the Furminator yet. If your cat does not like being brushed or has sensitive skin, it may not be the right choice for you.

Moxie answered on Dec 28th.

Answers

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25)

Yes, you can get the Furminator at PetCo or PetSmart. I have it and it works pawsome! It works best on cats that have a lot of soft, fine, cottony undercoat. If you don't have much undercoat, it might not work as well for you. This is also a de-shedding tool - not a true brush or to be used on matts or wet/damp fur. The Furminator also has a website if you do a web search.

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25) answered on 12/26/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer