Does my cat have an infection?

My cat is around 15 years old, but she lived with my grandma until about a year ago when I got her. Since then she started peeing all over the house, favoring one area at a time, but will only poop in the litterbox. She throws up pretty often too, but I've always assumed it was just old age. I really have very little money and I worry that she's sick, but she acts happy and playful. She frisks around the house and often greets me at the door. Am I naive to assume it's just age? How likely is it that she has actually had a UTI this entire year? I'm trying to save for the vet, but I doubt I could afford any medicine.

Asked by Member 1201113 on Nov 24th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

It sounds like your cat has developed urinary or renal issues... left untreated, they can be fatal. Get your cat to a vet now! It is not age unless a vet tells you that, but you are not a doctor to diagnose her. If you do not have the $$ to take her to the vet once a year for a check-up, they you should Not get another pet when this one passes. ^_^

I think your cat is doing that type of activity because of her age.If you are not sure she has an infection bring her to the vet for an examination.Take care your cat.