Austin Valentino loving memory

does anyone know why a perfectly healthy 1.5 year old cat would suddenly die? He was up to date on shots and was fun loving and energetic.

My brother's cat who was only 1.5 years old and healthy suddenly died and we don't know why....he was playful, energetic and nothing was wrong with him. Needless to say he is devasted

Asked by Austin Valentino loving memory on Oct 4th 2013 in Loss of a Pet

Answers

The only way you will know for sure is to pay for an autopsy. He could have gotten into something poisonous, eaten the wrong plant or a toad, had cancer or something wrong with him from birth... ^_^

I think it was a heart attack. Sometimes it happens if our pet is healthy and we don't noticed anything abnormal in our pet. I saw these type of cases many times.

I TOO HAD A PERFECTLY HEATHLY CAT THAT WAS ALMOST 2 YEARS OLD DIE, WE USE TOO TAKE HER FISHING AND CAMPING AND SHE WAS ALWAYS FINE AND SHE ENDED UP DYING RIGHT IN OUR YARD, THE VET THINKS A RATTLE SNAKE BIT HER, BUT WITH OUT A CAT AUTOPSY WE NEVER KNEW, I KNOW HOW HEART BREAKING THAT IS.

Nicholas

Very possibly a heart issue. My cat Jessie had a slight heart murmur but the vet was not overly concerned. One night he was playing and just dropped...he was gone immediately. A necropsy might give answers but not guaranteed. Just like humans, animals can have the same health issues no matter their age. Any chance the cat got into a houseplant? Lilies, onions, garlic? These are toxic to cats. Sorry for your loss. :(

Nicholas answered on 10/9/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer