Gizmo

Does anyone know if Johnson's baby shampoo kills fleas? Trying to find something gentle and effective.

He has front line on but still saw a flea and still itching so I wanted to bath him in something gentle since he still has some scabs and sores from scratching.

Asked by Gizmo on Nov 30th 2011 in Flea & Tick Protection

Answers

A beautician once told me that baby shampoo is very drying and highly detergent. I've also found that it leaves my hair feeling "coated", and it would do the same to Gizmo. I seem to remember someone once recommending Dawn Dish Detergent, but before I used anything on him, I'd check with the vet. I doubt if baby shampoo would kill fleas. Are you applying Frontline monthly? Have you thoroughly vacuumed your home including drapes and furniture? Have you bombed (a spray from the vet) your home? He may be becoming reinfested if there are fleas in your home. I would phone his vet and ask what you can use. You may be able to simply stop at the vet's to pick it up and not have to take him in.