Curious for an explanation on this possible neurological problem?

I was on Yahoo answers, and happened to come across this question--> "Why does my healthy cat who is up-to-date on shots shake her head when she meows like she has itchy ears?
She doesn't have mites, she's an indoor cat. She has always had this tic since she was a kitten. She doesn't scratch her ears or twitch them but everytime she meows she lifts her chin or shakes her head (rapidly like a wet dog)"
I am now curious on the possible cause of this. Can anybody help with this answer?

Asked by Member 1157122 on Feb 26th 2013 Tagged neurological in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Jak-ke

My cat had an ear problem once that gave her liquid in her ears and she would shake her head to try to get it out.
Best thing to do if it is concerning the owner is to take her to the vet. If she is proved healthy and it does not seem to bother her then there is nothing to worry about.
It could be anything, she could be doing to after she meows because her jaw pops out of place or something like that. My aunt had a cat like that (he was bit in the jaw by a dog as a kitten).

Jak-ke answered on 2/28/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer