Buddy or Blackie

Cats got into a fight. One has an eye so swollen, he can't open it. He feels warm. Can I give him Tylenol ?

I can't get him into the Vet until next Friday. Of course this is their Vacation time. My baby just is not himself. I put neosporin on the cuts, but his eye does not seem to be going down any. And today he feels warm.

Asked by Buddy or Blackie on Aug 13th 2013 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

♥Sam

Ring the vet I'm sure they'll find a space. It sounds serious and your baby could lose his eye. If they can't see you can you go to another? I've been know to take my cats in at 1am in the morning. More than once too. Luckily we have emergency vet clinics here. They do a basic patch up till you can see your normal vet. Sometimes seeing a vet and paying for an urgent appointment can sometimes be cheaper than waiting and something more serious happening. Good luck.

♥Sam answered on 8/14/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Under NO circumstances give your cat Tylenol or Advil or even aspirin. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) are fatal to cats. You mentioned in your earlier question that you thought your cat had been bitten by a bedbug. If things have changed and you now think he was injured by the other cat or if this is in addition to the bite or if this is the other cat, then a call to a vet (ANY VET) is your best course of action. It's really not possible to tell if a cat has a fever except by taking his temp. Cats are warm little creatures by nature. But, if he seems lethargic, drinking more water than usual, not eating, hiding, etc., then an emergency clinic is your best option. They understand emergencies aren't planned and will work with you on payments. But please do get your kitty to a vet as soon as you can. Let us know how it works out--we send purrs and good thoughts!

NO PEOPLE PAIN RELIEVERS, PLEASE!!! You can bring him to a different vet for sooner treatment... ^_^

Marbles

HISSSSS at Tylenol and other people pain meds for kitties and doggies.

I hope you were able to get him to a vet and that he is healing by now

Marbles answered on 8/18/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer