Cats are keeping me up all night after two recent moves. How do I make them more comfortable?

To make a long story short, I moved from a house, to a small apartment, & then after 2 weeks there, I was forced to move again, this time to a slightly larger apartment. I have been in this new-new apartment for a little over a week now. My 2 9 & 10 yr neutered tabbies weathered both moves well and were much more quiet in the smaller apt. Now they have been terrorizing the night. About the time I turn the light off my orange tabby will start to wander around the apt & yawl. That will go on for a variable amount of time, after which they will usually set to chasing each other around the apt. The orange 1 seems to b the provactuer, my grey tabby eventually wants to stop the chase, bt orange 1 will keep on him until it devolves into a wrestling match that my gray doesn't really seem like he enjoys. He wants out, but the orange 1 won't let up. It happens a few times a night. I hv tried playing w/ them until they r uninterested before bed, & then feeding. Neighbors r complaining ~ noise.

Asked by Member 1155710 on Jun 8th 2014 in Noisiness

Answers

First off, catatize your environment. The fact that they are playing actually means that they are adjusting, unless that the orange one is terrorizing the other because of the setting change. By catatizing I mean buy more toys, scratchers, treats like SmartBites by Greenies, play soft classical music overnight, a tall cat condo for climbing, and a calming pheromone scented diffuser for the living room where the chaos is occurring. After about a month and a half from the move they should start settling down. ^_^