cat won't eat been to 2 vets 6 times in 2 weeks she has sugar how often do I feed and give water with a syringe she's we

she is very weak can't stand up to eat she is 11 yrs old..I take her to the vets she acts fine I get home she just lays and can hardly move I just don't know what else to do for her ..help please she is my baby..

Asked by Member 1144179 on Dec 7th 2012 in Diabetes

Answers

I am so sorry your kitty isn't feeling well. I'm not familiar with the treatment of diabetic cats, but I've known of people whose diabetic dogs get daily injections of insulin and are on other meds for the condition. She probably acts "OK" at the vet's because she's nervous and stressed and seems "energetic". One she gets home, the adrenalin settles down. If it were my cat, I would find the nearest emergency clinic and take her there. She needs to a definite diagnoses. You need to tell the vets there what the other vets have said and done for her. She may have to stay at the clinic for 24hr. care and treatment. I would also contact the other 2 vets and tell them your cat is still not well. You need to have a frank talk with the vet about her prognosis. I wish you blessings and we are sending many purrs for her recovery. Please let us know.