Guest

Cat swallows ribbon

I came out to the living room and saw my cat chewing/swallowing a ribbon nearly 2ft long. So when i seen this my reaction was to grab some of it that was hanging out of his mouth that he was still chewing and i pulled out about 4-5 inches of ribbon which was cut away from the rest of the ribbon.. He swallowed the rest and was choking for about 10 seconds and then it stopped. Around 1 minute later he was running around playing with my other cat and being his old self again. He looks perfectly fine i gave him some water and he drank and just went about his usually life.
Should i be worried?!?

What's the likelihood he'll poop/throw it up. I also heard it can wrap around his intestine what's the chance of this happening?


(I'm posting this around 30 minutes after he swallowed it)


Asked by Member 1185153 on Aug 11th 2013 Tagged catateribbonstringyarnhelp in Health & Wellness
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Panda Bear

You have to keep an eye on him until he passes it. There is no way to know if it will obstruct anything at this point, but you have learned a valuable lesson. Do not leave any string, dental floss, etc. out because your kitty will SWALLOW it. If he seems to be unusually lethargic, refuses food or can't go in the cat sandbox, take him to the vet right away. ^_^


Panda Bear answered on 9/4/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


More Questions in This Category