cat rubs head on my feet it does not matter if I have on shoes, socks or barefooted

Asked by Member 1044139 on Aug 8th 2011 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Your cat is showing that he/she loves and respects you. This is what Catsters call "head-bonking" and cats only do it to people they like. He/she goes for your feet because that's the easiest place for Kitty to reach. I get massive head-bonks from Izzie at mealtimes!

"Izzie" is so right on! My cat, Angel, gives me those rubs on my feet when I come home from work and am opening a can of cat food for her. She also does this to my husband when we are eating dinner. It is just their way of showing love and affection for those who take care of them! I actually have a 4-year old feral cat who demands that I pet her head as soon as I open the front door every morning before she starts to chow down her breakfast on my front porch! None of the other feral cats will let me pet their heads unless their heads are buried in a bowl of viddles!