Cat litter seems useless for my old tom after less than 24 hrs

I have a ten year old turkish van, about 20lbs and I swear he urinates acid! No matter what sort of litter I buy- multiple cat ( I do have two cats, also a little tabby girl), clumping, any kind at all, once he uses it, it's useless! I can change it at night, and the next morning, you'd swear it's been there for days, and desperately needs changing (So then he voices his displeasure by doing his business next to the litter box.)

Please, is there anything I can do? I'm reaching a point of maybe needing to rehome my old tom before I move in August, but I'd rather keep him.

Asked by Member 1172927 on May 31st 2013 Tagged litter in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

I can't suggest a particular litter but can't you put out 3 or more litter trays .I have 2 kittens and they have 5 trays,they use them all.Please try don't give you cat away,he may pine for you.I hope this works,also speak to your vet.