Talullah Taliesin

Cat just peed on my bed. Sadface :C

Cat just peed on my bed recently. I discovered it's dampness as I laid my head down to sleep, booo. It was still damp so it had to been really recent. I had just taken a bath not 30 minutes prior where she accidentally fell into the tub and got partially wet, then when trying to escape the tub fell in some cat litter. So I had to pick her back up and dunk her in again to clean her. She wasn't happy about that obviously. Is it safe to assume she peed on my bed, right where I always put my head, to strictly get my attention for giving her an impromtu bath? I had a really bad day today as well, so maybe me being upset all day didn't help either.

Asked by Talullah Taliesin on Oct 1st 2012 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Cats are very affected by stress, their's and our's as well. If she fell into her litter box and it got wet, you yelled (or not) and then picked her up and dunked her, that's enough stress for a week! ;-) Maybe today you could spend a little extra time with her. A few treats, her favorite dinner, a lot of cuddling (and maybe apologizing). Are you sure it was pee on your pillow and not just from her being wet? Although cat pee is hard to mistake. If the litter in her box got wet from the bathwater, I would dump it, scour the box and refill it. I doubt, if she's not in the habit of doing this, that it's going to be an ongoing thing. But, just in case, if it happens again, I would be tempted to take her to her vet for a check for a bladder infection. Hope this day is better for you both!