Can you use Neosporin on a cats wound under his chin?

My elderly cat has some scratches under his chin that he won't let heal. I think it itches as its healing and he's just reopening it. I need to find out if it is safe to use Neosporin on him and if I should use claw caps to prevent any further itching. THANK YOU in advance.

Asked by Member 1188974 on Sep 7th 2013 Tagged antibioticointment, cut, wound in Skin Problems

Answers

Although you can in the meantime, there are products in pet stores which are preferable such as dermasol and antiseptic wipes. Claw caps will definitely be a good idea. Has he been exposed to any possible source of fleas or ticks- this would exascerbate the itching. ^_^ Give him treats to distract him like Healthy Skin and Fur SmnartBites by greenies.