Can you use Aloe Vera on a cat as a burn remedy (and put a cone on the cat so she doesn't lick it off)? Marcy, Brooklyn,

Asked by Member 984034 on Apr 28th 2010 in Health & Wellness

Answers

It's never a good idea to self-treat an animal for something like a burn. You don't say how it happened or how severe it is, but burns can develop into major infections. I would not do anything or put anything on her without an examination and treatment advice of a veterinary professional, which we are not.

Whoa, a burn on a cat??? How did that happen? I got burned a few years ago on my wrist (this is the human speaking), and the doctors took my burn VERY seriously--I had to go in daily to have my dressings changed. I learned that burns are not to be fooled around with. I've had cats who singed their fur by getting too close to a space heater or gas stove burner, but I've never had a burned cat. Was there any abuse involved? Or were any safety measures ignored? I'm concerned for both your kitty and you. Please go to the vet.

Chibi answered on 4/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer