Peanut

Can you tell my cats breed by looking at it?

I got her for free and the lady didnt know what breed it was either, do you have any idea of what the breed is just by looking at her?

I was thinking a bengal.

Asked by Peanut on Sep 27th 2007 in Breeds

Best Answer

Buddy

Unfortunatley with cats, there's no way to tell "Breed" unless you have papers. You got your kitten for free, from unknown parentaege, then she's a domestic short hair, just like my Buddy :)

Besides that, she's definatley NOT a bengal. She's a grey tabby with white as far as I can tell in her picture, but that's a colouring not a breed. Bengals are VERY distinct in appearance, and are still rare enough that they don't often show up in mixes. I wondered when Buddy was a kitten if he had bengal in him because his tabby is more spots than stripes, but after doing more reading and learning more about cats, I found out there is a variety of the tabby colouring called "spotted tabby". He is a DSH (domestic short hair) grey spotted tabby.

Buddy answered on Sep 28th.

Answers

♠ KILLER ♠

w/o papers you can't trace parentage. killer is a maine coon mix (in looks and behaviour) but can't prove it. at the end it doesn't matter, does it? all kitties are beautiful whether a breed or moggy. and by my limited experience your little one is not bengal. if you go to petsmart or the library you can get plenty of info on this subject matter. yours is a DSH for sure. she's beautiful. call her duchess.

♠ KILLER ♠ answered on 9/28/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Lucy

By looking at her she may be a tabby.

Lucy answered on 10/4/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

i am thinking short haired cat? well she/he might be a tabby
like my little cat pepper