Lily Dale

Can you give cats B-12 vitamin? I read that it would boost their energy. But is it safe to give cats OTC vitamins?

Asked by Lily Dale on Oct 17th 2008 Tagged health, vitamins, overweight, diabetes in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25)

I gave a previous cat (now at the Rainbow Bridge) I used to give B-12 to. He had a liver problem. Of course, I would discuss this with your vet first before you give your cat anything. Also, B-12 can upset the stomach. My cat could not take oral B-12 crushed and mixed in his food because it would always make him thow up. It is also available as in Intramuscular injection which your vet can administer. Again, discuss all this with your vet and have your cat examined to see why her energy level is low first.

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25) answered on Oct 17th.

Answers

Philbert

yes! My vet actually recommended me giving Phil b12 for his digestive issues. It helps them to absorb nutrients more efficiently! He doesnt have any problems with it. Its one of the few suppliments I give him everyday. I buy it at the Vitamin Shoppe ( us chain) because I can get 100 break open powder capsules for about 6$. Liquid is also good. I just mix it with his wet food. Its also soluble, so they will just pass what they don't use. Good luck!

Philbert answered on 10/17/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer