dobby

Can my cat personality change so quick?

My 2year old neutered cat has change. He used to love snuggling,headbutting me,purring,kneading on me, sleeping next to me, lick my head and hair and love all the attention and hugging.
But now its been a bit more than a week and he doesn't do any of that. Nothing in the house or diet or anything had change. I feel like he doesn't love me and wants to be as far away from me.
He never been like this since I got him when he was just 8 weeks old.
I don't know what to do. Can someone help me.

Asked by dobby on Dec 13th 2013 Tagged personalychange in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Hello, it might not have anything to do with you. There could be construction noises during the day, loud neighbors, new litter or perfumey laundry smells, or maybe he just doesn't feel well. Sometimes this shows a health problem. Buy litter meter litter additive and see if the color changes- maybe he has painful crystals in his urine. Buy new toys and a cat tree and treats. If none of these work, take him in for a check-up to make sure he's healthy. Once that is taken care of, your job is to be patient or to get him a little spayed daughter to play with. ^_^