Can my cat eye be saved after being hit accidentally by a soft ball outside when my kids were playing .

We took our cat to the vet and he wanted to do surgery on him but us low on money , He gave us antibiotics and eye drops for Lucky his eye is really swollen and big that he can't close his right eye.. what else can we do for him? We are praying for a miracle

Asked by Member 1127394 on Aug 24th 2012 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Unfortunately, the chances of "a miracle" are slim when it comes to head injuries in animals. Lucky may have a concussion or a skull fracture and be bleeding into his brain. Most vets will accept a payment plan--there is a company called "Care Credit" that will extend you credit and not charge you interest. I've never known of a vet who will refuse to treat a sick or injured animal because the owner can't pay. If so, they are in the wrong profession. Throw yourself on the mercy of the vet and ask them to treat Lucky and you will pay them as much as you can whenever you can, and then do so. If Lucky can't be saved, you need to know that too so he doesn't suffer needlessly. My heart goes out to you, your family and Lucky. I hope he gets the treatment he needs and that's he's OK.