Can flie collar, calm or sentry collar help my 2 yr old cat to stop bitting

Calm to help my cat to stop bitting or be crazy

Asked by Member 1123977 on Oct 9th 2012 Tagged generalloyalnice in Aggression

Answers

I'm not sure what a "flie" collar is, but if you mean a flea collar, no, they won't help your cat to calm down. If you or anyone else plays with your cat with your hands, you must stop now as this tells your cat it's OK to bite people's hands. Get her a feather-teaser pole toy or something that she can play with by herself. Most cats have places on their bodies they don't like touched. With mine, it's their stomach. They will claw and bite if I try to groom or rub their stomachs. If this is what's happening with your cat, stop doing it. Don't get your cat so overstimulated with playing that she bites. When she bites, say "NO BITE" and walk away. Do not hit her or shriek at her. You can also shoot a spray of water over her head and say "NO BITE!". If she's been biting all her life, it may take some time to get the message across, but with love, patience and kindness, you can.

Nika

You can try a Calming Spray to use on your cat and the surrounding area. Make sure you get one designed for cats though! I personally recommend PETfection Calming Spray because it is 100% Organic and Non-Toxic. Cats are very sensitive to things and this one is safe to use and smells great! Hope this helps!

Nika answered on 10/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer