Can cats sense pregancy. I am 38 weeks pregnant and the cat has started to play up by fouling around the house. There ar

Can cats sense pregancy. I am 38 weeks pregnant and the cat has started to play up by fouling around the house. There are times when he just sits there and stares and has become very needy. How do I stop this

Asked by Member 1155844 on Feb 18th 2013 Tagged pregnancy in Behavior & Training

Answers

I really don't know if animals can sense pregnancy. Some people say yes and others say no. However, I remember from my own pregnancies that as I neared my delivery date, there was definitely more stress on my part and animals CAN sense that. There were also showers, furniture moving, and other preparations that upset the routine of things in our home. Animals are VERY perceptive and both cats and dogs do not like their routines interrupted. During the preparations for our child, our dog also kind of got shoved aside. I was too uncomfortable to sit on the floor with her and play and she missed that, I know. It concerns me, though, that you say your cat has begun not using the box and just sits and stares. This could be a health issue with him. Because you will be brining in a baby, it might not be a bad idea to check with your vet to make sure the cat is feeling ok.