Can cat dewormer be given while she is having diarrhea? Or its upset stomach or diarrhea needs to be treated first?

My kitten is European shorthair breed, she is 6months old and suffering from tapeworms as well as diarrhea, I am supposed to give her Kiwof(Praziquantel) tablets, but I have heard it somewhere that dewormer should not be given to cats untill she end up with her diarrhea. She is excreting so much of worms and I am worried whether to give her the tablets now or not.

Asked by Member 1185211 on Aug 12th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Follow your vet's instructions. If you have not taken her in, you do not know if you are treating for the right type of worms, and she also needs kitten shots to prevent disease. There is NO substitute for vet care- call their office to make an appointment and/or for doctor's advice. ^_^