Sammy - In Memoriam 6/29/09

Can anyone recommend holistic remedies for Feline Lymphoma?

My 8 yr old cat Sammy has been on a steady decline since the beginning of May. After numerous tests and ultrasounds, he was diagnosed with intestinal lymphoma last week.
We have decided not to do chemotherapy, I don't want to put him through the stress and also, I cannot afford the treatments.
I want to do what I can for Sammy to make him as happy and comfortable as possible. Right now, we are having to force feed him daily and he is taking Prednisolone daily.
I have been doing a ton of research online and have come across some holistic remedies such as ES Clear. I would love to know what opinions people have on this approach and if you have any recommendations.

Needless to say, I am devastated. I have had Sammy since he was two weeks old. He was abandoned in a barn by his mother and I bottle-fed and raised him like his was my own little boy. I cannot express the pain and agony I have been through since his diagnosis. I have broken down so many times.

Asked by Sammy - In Memoriam 6/29/09 on Jun 13th 2009 Tagged cancer, lymphoma, holistic, herbal in Health & Wellness

Answers

Jester (1988-2007)

There are holistic treatments for cancer but I'm not sure if any are effective for a fast growing cancer. When Jester got thyroid cancer it took us a few weeks to figure out what was wrong and there wasn't any conventional treatment for the type of cancer she had. She was already seeing a holistic vet too who'd trained as a regular DVM and then trained in veterinary traditional chinese medicine. She started Jester on a special formula she had made up for the type of cancer she had but the thyroid cancer was so fast acting that she didn't have enough time for anything to work.

I was totally stressed out to start with but Jester was happy as a clam as long as she felt good that day and could eat. At the end Jester suddenly got very weak and I knew it was her time. As long as Sammy is still comfortable and happy your doing the right thing and trying the holistic stuff won't hurt. Just watch for if things change and he's not happy or comfortable any more as that will be his time.

Jester (1988-2007) answered on 6/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Miss Mittens - Angel DG #14

I'm so so sorry about Sammy. My cat Mittens has intestinal lymphoma and I understand your pain and fear and support your decision not to give him chemo. I know very little about ES Clear except that some people give it to their cats as part of a nutritional support program but those cats are usually on chemo. Homeopathy is the only holistic therapy I know about that's used alone without chemo and appeared to help some cats I know. Finding a good homeopath is not easy and homeopathy itself is very expensive. Most of the alternative therapies are not cheap. What type of intestinal lymphoma does Sammy have? If Sammy has already had his diagnostic tests, then chemo might be cheaper. Mittens has small cell intestinal lymphoma and I give her the chemo at home. She has almost no side effects and is much, much better. If Sammy has large cell lymphoma the treatment protocol is different and can't be given at home and frequent visits to the vet would be expensive and stressful.

Miss Mittens - Angel DG #14 answered on 6/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer